It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Olympic Fever Continues Despite Frequent Icing

And despite the fact that I am the only member of this book club that is interested in the topic (which, I'll admit, has nothing to do with books).
Yet I must comment on a strange convergence of poser-Jews on Olympic ice.

First, Sasha Cohen and her stupid Kabbalah red bracelet.


Second, Johnny Weir, who reveals in the Washington Post article Drop Till You Shop that he "considers himself "a little bit" Jewish, although he isn't, not technically. He says he's had his past lives read and found out that most recently he was a Jewish girl from Poland during World War II."

Thanks to Gawker for the links.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep trying to catch Olympic fever, but then I find it too dull. But I think I have been watching too much of it anyways. The sure sign something is wrong: I thought Sasha Cohen's costume the other night was tasteful. And that's with the strange tights that went over the boots and all the fake-nude panels. Eeks.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Zil said...

I am also fascinated by those tights. It looks like the feet that the aliens from the ice planets will have when they come to skate us into frozen submission. Or something like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home