It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Bats in my...

Okay, for those of you who think I'm crazy, here's a repudiation. (Or maybe a further confirmation?) While working away in my lovely office earlier today, I heard a scritchy scratchy sound scurrying through the air duct that runs right over my desk. (An attempt to peer into that duct through the vent that's also right above my desk was deemed unwise by my eye.) One phone call to maintenance later, Kenny and Rob had come by, made fun of me for a while, unscrewed the vent cover, and left--leaving me to sit at my desk nervously, feigning busy-ness but really just waiting for whatever it was to pop out and drop on my head. Various colleagues came by to also make fun of me, all, "What are you afraid of? That it's going to bite you on the face if you look up there?" Well, yes, actually, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, and I don't see one thing wrong with that. More scritchy scratchy sounds, and another, more panicked phone call to maintenance later, the scratching was revealed to be a trapped bat, Rob came by and waved a big net around, and Kenny caught it with his hands and left, though not before exhorting me to read Call of the Wild. Which just goes to show: there's no situation in which a little book club-ish discussion is not appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home