It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Apologia

It occurred to me, after I turned a simple email exchange with David into a scorched earth polemic on disciplinary boundaries, that my online persona has gotten a little belligerent. So I offer this return to basics, using the "nice words" I insist on for OlderKid. (Careful readers will note this is a straight copy of Asalad'sSisterGirl's blog, with different terms. I can only hope that my weak imitation encourages AsSG to start things back up again.)

Yes, Please
No, Thank You
  • feverish babies and cats who don't talk but do puke in hidden spots.
  • Sin City. Yes, I know I brought it on myself. But did I really deserve to have the image of Carla Gugino brandishing her just-cannibalized arm stump and screaming "He made me watch [him eat it]!" imprinted on my mind for the rest of my life?
  • The A's 6 game losing streak.
  • 90+ degree days in May and
  • Raking leaves at noon on a 90+ degree day in May because some kind of fungal spores messed with our sycamore's head and made it drop all its leaves 5 months ahead of time.
Excuse Me?

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM , Blogger David said...

No need to apologize! If your online persona has become rather belligerent, then in contrast your videoconferencing personality has become downright shy. We'll try again.

Asalad, I don't suppose that you have a webcam, do you? Then we could have book club meetings face-to-face. Or else we could just watch this great looking new series,
"Tuesday Night Book Club" from CBS.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home