It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Let's DO this thing!

As OlderKid would say.

If you know me, and odds are that you do, you know that I have a certain book I'm yearning to write. (And it does NOT have a subtitle ending with "In Nineteenth-Century Literature.") It's a book about a girl, and a dog and cat, and a pet-sitting business, and a mystery. Usually this project works as a kind of low-class Proust--it's the kind of thing I idly plan on getting around to some day, not quite yet of course--but I think it's time to change all that. I'm already writing one book; why not write another? If anything, it will help defend me from a day in which the ONLY sentences I write include the words "occlude," "capital," "aesthetics," and "vision," in various combinations.

Two needs: first, a title. What should a snarky and non-serious, yet intermittently thrilling, book about a pet-sitter who solves crime be called? Second, a stick to prompt to me to write a certain amount every day...like a national program...for writing amateurs...who value length over content...if only such a program existed right now, in November! What's that you say? It does? Well, then, super!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home