It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Clarifications.

It has taken me some time, but I realize I must acknowledge that people born in June have their half-birthday in December. That is all.

Actually--I also want to mention a book that I'm so super proud of, even though I had nothing to do with its writing, or editing, or subject matter, or, actually, any part of it. (And also I read it last year, so I can't count it here). It's Naked: Black Women Bare All about their Skin, Hair, Hips, Lips and Other Parts edited by Akiba Solomon and Ayana Bird. And the splendiforous Asali Solomon (why yes, she is a friend of mine...) has a great essay in it called "Black Fuzzy Thing" about her hair. Buy this book, everyone.

Last Night's Read Alouds: Round as a Mooncake, The Flopsy Bunnies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home