It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Argh.

Hello
I'm the guy who sits next to you
And reads the newspaper over your shoulder
Wait
Don't turn the page
I'm not finished
Life is so uncertain


This is how it feels to read Habermas' "Theory of Communicative Action"

I am struggling this morning, and Zil's universally acknowledged truth has driven me to post. Anyway, I can't wait until I, too, am driven to distraction by writing a book. I, however, am in the early stages of graduate school, where I make list of books that I think that I will write in the future, without the actual experience to know that my list is already hopelessly over-full.

Hope all is well at the onset of a new school year: I am simultaneously feeling lethargic, lazy, lively, and hopeful. Above all, I dread the return of the 30,000 or so undergraduates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home