It's a Book (and Culture) Club!

Staring procrastination in the face since earlier this morning.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm Back?

Well, not really. Having already attended one week-long camp on a single novel, I am still enough of a glutton for punishment that I am ready to go to another one--though this time I'm just showing up at the tail end of things, and not really joining in the real fun of dancing around in Victorian dress and such. But for right now I'm really supposed to be working, not dallying in the blogsphere.

Still, being interested both personally and professionally in words and their origins, I couldn't resist re-posting the following Mel Gibson quote, issued as a second apology for his alleged anti-Semitic tirade after his weekend arrest for drunk driving:
"I am in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display," he said.

Wait, wait, don't tell me, I know this one! They came from the alien messages that are being beamed to your brain via the fillings in your teeth! No? Well, where then?

Full story at BBC Online.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Zil! Maude Lyn has been especially maudlin this summer in the absence of this blog. I found I missed it so! But I fear I did not make up for its absence by reading many books. No, I did not. But I did catch up on Project Runway and started Sputnik Sweetheart. Now, I await your return from this conference thing.

 
At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On our flight back to NY, I caught moments of a William Hurt movie about some butterfly. Produced by some Canadian entity within the gov't, it totally lacked any... well ANYTHING! I refuse to admit how much of the movie I did manage to watch while Zil wrestled with both boys across the aisle. Sorry, Zil.

I must say I am veerry pleased by this Mel Gibson fiasco, but am saddened by how much it has sucked the attention away from my most favorite topic these days, whichhas been trhe whole Astor ordeal. Zil was less than enthusiastic abot how it has captured my complete attention.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home